Friday, November 5, 2010

Greetings!

I thought of a few ways to start this blog, and it's sort of funny that I have chosen to start a blog at all.  I am, in fact, the girl who stated earlier in the week that suddenly everybody with the internet thinks they're interesting.  So, if you don't find me interesting, which you likely won't, please move along.  I won't be hurt...outwardly...  I'm pretty tender, so I really might be.
My intention really is to vent, really.  I sort of bottle things up, and then have to find a way to get them out.  I'm also working on my writing skills.  I find that I have a large amount of ideas that might actually work as fictional, but I lack the talent to convey them in a manner that makes them palatable...so please bear with me.
I work in an office as many people do, it's quite an unremarkable office in some ways.  It's an old doctor's office, and it has no real layout that can be considered sane.  It's quite the rat maze, which in many ways is very fitting, as we're running quite the race in there with no end in sight.
I communicate with agencies throughout the country, and supply them with reports that they apparently cannot keep track of in any form.  I run reports daily, which they then request intermittently throughout the rest of the month by sending tantrum-like emails requesting that I 'please supply them with the report that should have been done on such and such date'.  I use my massive skills of button pushing and locate the report in a matter of seconds, which I attach to an email, much like the first time I sent it to them, and send it.  I do this knowing that in a few weeks, my boss will receive a ranting email from an agency director about how they haven't received any reports for the last four billion years.
I do this unrewarding job while working with people who do not have inside voices.  As I have little to actually communicate to anyone else in the building, I plug my earbuds into my computer or mp3 player and duck my head, hoping that no one has any reason to speak directly to me.  I'd like to keep my hearing.  The supervisors of each department like to gather in the kitchen, just over a six foot cubicle wall from me, and scream at each other how each person who has called into the office is being overly demanding/stupid/repetitive/whatever that day, which wouldn't be bad, except that the kitchen is an echo chamber and they have ear-splitting voices.
Over all, it's not a bad job, and it hasn't rained in the building yet.  It occasionally catches on fire, but nobody panics...just continue working until you see flames.  When you see flames, put them out, then continue working (true story).
I promise not to always be this angsty and complainy, but I had to establish a framework of my forty-hour environment for reference sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment